Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New York - Last Day

Sorry to anyone who is New Yorked out from reading our blog lately!  The kids get a kick out of checking it and I ended up doing each day instead of one post on the trip (which would have made more sense!)  I promise we're home and won't subject you to any more stories from the trip!  

Disney on 5th Avenue
Our last day was the day for running around getting souvenirs for the kids.  They held off all week, taking it all in and crafting their shopping lists.  They collect keychains, so the final day we hit the Disney store for keychains.  We also went back to the M&M store for some keychains.  True to our M&M store history, I threw in a tiny little magnet that turned out to be $16!  




We were supposed to leave the airport at 4pm but were delayed until after midnight!  Of course, I'd redistributed our stuff to pack the movies and books and games in our checked luggage (thinking we only had an hour flight ahead of us).  We camped out in the airport, played Webkinz, watched Space Buddies (purchased for an arm and a leg in the airport) and the kids made friends with other kids for a good round of Simon Says.  Aaargh!!  


   Hours at JFK

We finally made it home to our house around 2:30 am.  We were beat!  We had a great trip, though.  Many thanks to my mom for meeting us there and helping with the kids.  Also, it was a lot of fun just to hang out with her.  She was a good sport, always in a good mood and up for anything.  I wish the same could be said of me! Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment