Thursday, October 8, 2009

Maymont



Maymont

We had a nice visit with our Kansas Cousins who have just become Northern Virginia Cousins. We even persuaded Grandpa to leave his Blackberry at home... well... to check it only semi-frequently anyway.. and join us.

It was nice to have my mom and dad here and they were good sports about my off-roading adventures I led them on at Maymont. Perhaps the best sport was my sis-in-law, Nancy, who had to push a stroller straight up a hill... over cobblestones... with her baby in it.

We all survived and had a great time relaxing, playing in the stream, and getting piggy back rides from Grandpa. I even got one for old-time's sake.

Gary met us with some lunch and was our hero! It was a great day.

Grandpa's babysitting service.



2 comments:

  1. These were some good times. Glad that we could be there to share them. It was especially nice of Gary to come to our rescue with Food at lunch time. Otherwise I might have wasted away to nothing. HEY - WATCH THE COMMENTS about that wasting away thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lunch was pretty good, sorry i couldn't have spent more of the day with everyone...Grandpa gives good piggyback rides, I'm riding next time

    ReplyDelete