Grandma's Ghosts Queen of the Nile
Sam and Grace went with the classics this Halloween. Grace was Cleopatra and Sam was Julius Caesar. The outfits were ordered over the internet, causing much reflection over why I normally drag the kids to the costume shop and spend hours debating the merits of every sword/shield in the joint. Shipping fees are such a small price to pay for the hours of my life I got back!
She loved the lip gloss Beware the Ides of October!
3 cheers for Gary who took over pumpkin duty and let me sit it out!
While Gary and I vacationed in Catalina my mom braved the craft store with the kids and then oversaw the production of about a million fabric ghosts that were supposed to hang from a tree in the front yard. Instead, Sam and Grace tied them to everything in sight. They were in the bushes, on the railings, in the yard, everywhere. The end result was satisfyingly spooky to them and thrilling for me to know that I didn't have to be involved in the making of them. Grandmas rock!
Sam and Grace went with the classics this Halloween. Grace was Cleopatra and Sam was Julius Caesar. The outfits were ordered over the internet, causing much reflection over why I normally drag the kids to the costume shop and spend hours debating the merits of every sword/shield in the joint. Shipping fees are such a small price to pay for the hours of my life I got back!
They enjoyed the trunk-or-treat at the church on Friday night and managed to keep some of the candy we were handing out to trick-or-treaters on Sunday night, so they didn't miss out on too much loot... even with Halloween on a Sunday this year. Costumes for next year are already being discussed. It's never too early for them to start planning...
Fun costumes and I love your new background (one day I've gotta figure out how to take mine up a notch...better start posting again first!) Love the Paynes!
ReplyDelete