I finally downloaded my pics from Halloween and thought I'd share.
Grace wanted to be a black cat and have me be the witch (Hey! What's she trying to say?!!) because she saw this black cat with her face painted elaborately in a book. She promptly lost said book and left us searching for it the week before Halloween. No luck. Of course it turned up the first week of November, after the fact. So Grace was a somewhat plain black cat for the ward Trunk-or-Treat and I was her witch.
Sam was Indiana Jones complete with satchel (read: used purse), whip, snake, knife and hat. He could barely carry his trick-or-treat bag with all those accoutrements. It's too bad he didn't have a purse to put it all in... oh, wait... He hasn't seen any of the movies but I could tell that the marketing is targeted to him because he knew just what Indy looked like - down to the scar on the chin that I had to try to duplicate.
Since Grace had a side-kick Sam wanted Gary to be Shia Laboof (sp?)'s character from the last Indy movie. It wasn't a huge crowd pleaser since the "costume" just consisted of jeans and a jacket. Sam was thrilled, though. Gary had other ideas, but he's a great dad and he ditched them to make Sam happy; continuing his unending goal to make everyone else in the world happy. He's almost there...
For Halloween Grace wanted to change and wear the flouncy skirt that Grandma M. made for her (thanks, Grandma!). She went as the witch and the kids got some serious booty. I also have some serious booty from Halloween candy, but that's another story!
Oh YES!!! I am so excited. You are the one person that I couldn't wait for to start a blog. My girls will be so excited to see pictures of Sam and Grace all the time and we will feel so much closer to you guys now. Thanks for jumping on the bandwagon...it's a fun place to be.
ReplyDeleteIt's about time!!!! So glad to have you in the blogosphere! Thanks again for all your help with T-day. It was so great to see you guys and hang out finally!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! It will be fun to add you to my middle of the night reading. Very cute pics. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYea! Don't tell the kids that my kids have their own blogs too. Then you'll get pestered everyday to put stuff on their blogs for them. Ahh!
ReplyDeleteCute Halloween costumes. I love costumes that sort of go together. Very fun.
welcome to the blogging world! now your challenge is to post more often than i do.... which shouldnt be hard, since i post every 8 months or so.
ReplyDeletecome visit!
Fun costumes, I'm very impressed by the make-up...who knew you had that talent in the long list? Anything from dirt to costuming make-up!
ReplyDeleteI just found out that my nephew Mark was Indiana for Halloween as well and that Roger was a different sidekick... he played Indy's father.
ReplyDelete