Give Thanks!
We had a fun Thanksgiving in DC with Gary's family. They did a progressive thing and we had appetizers at his mom's; dinner at our sis-in-law's; and dessert at another's house. Everything was delicious! Everything was gorgeous: gorgeous place settings, heavenly mashed potatoes that I've since tried to replicate (with disappointing results... even after I got the recipe!) and pumpkin pies of every variety. There was some jockeying for a piece of the lone pecan pie. I managed to wrestle my way in for a few snitches and it was totally worth it.
Speaking of wrestling, Gary entertained the troops on the trampoline outside for hours. It was all fun and games until Sam threw his cousin into a metal fence. Okay, that's just how his mother perceives it. Even the victim said they were wrestling and Sam ended it when his cousin accidentally went flying off and hit his head on a wrought iron fence. Good times. Nothing gives me a reason to be thankful more than the fear of permanent brain damage that is averted! I've never felt a bigger egg on a head (which all the cousins thought was cool). Hmmm... time for us to make our exit!
Love the place settings. Hate the "EGGS". We have had a few of those, always very happy when they finally go down. Glad you had a good time, even if it was not with us.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I wanted to see a picture of the egg...my little brother had them for a year solid when we were growing up...Darci was relentless :) j/k Darc!
ReplyDelete