Sam and Grace have been drooling...er...walking past the Build a Bear shop at our mall for years. We've gone in many times and drooled up close, too. Every time we go in and figure out what we would get and how many allowances would have to be saved to make it a reality, we trudge home empty handed. (Answer: many, many allowances)
So, after 2 1/2 years of asking if they could get a bear for their birthday, for Christmas, for Easter, for Flag Day... we finally decided that would be their birthday gift from us this year. Unbeknownst to them, Gary has been in a "let's buy everything" kind of mode. It panned out big for them. I talked them into the cheapest animals and clothes, but then Gary came along with accessories and it was all down hill (or uphill if you were Sam & Grace) from there.
We spent a long time in the store and they had a blast. I know Gary and I have enjoyed the noise of the rollerskates on the wood floor at home, over and over again. I also love the additional sound effects that we added. The electronic "giggle" noise in Grace's bunny and Sam's puppy's "barking" sounds never get old. Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment