A friend I love is just starting her fight with cancer. Yesterday was her surgery to remove both breasts and surrounding lymph nodes under one arm. While she and her family are definitely being challenged by this new development in their lives, she remains optimistic and positive about the fight ahead of her. Her two little girls are lucky to have such a strong, feisty mom with such a great sense of humor. Anyone who can find something to laugh at under these circumstances has a pretty amazing sense of humor, wouldn't you agree?
Her attitude of gratitude has rubbed off on me. Perhaps the things I'm worried about really aren't that important? (Gary has been telling me this for years, but I figured I should worry about his denial.) I'm so grateful for my family, for great friends, for our home and country, for the really blessed life I'm privileged to live. I don't express my thanks often enough. Life is good!
We're praying that she's going to soundly whip cancer's butt. If anyone can it would be her.
I am i Arizona. Is this friend anyone I know? I will pray for her as Heather's friend. I need to be more grafteful too. I will call you when I get home. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete