(cue HSM 2 music here)
"What Time is It? It's Summer Time...
It's Our Vacation..."
Yesterday was party day! School was only 3 hours long. We
had treats at school, treats from the bus driver, treats at the bus
stop and then went to a picnic at some friends' house. We left
the picnic to run to a pedicure. Grace invited her friend and the
moms tagged along for some toe time. This was Grace's first
pedicure and she loved it (despite the massage chair that hit her
on the neck rather than lumbar area and the fact that she scraped
off all the polish on one foot before we left the store.) Good
times. Today we have a primary activity, taekwondo, and a
birthday party before my brother and his wife come to visit.
When does the relaxing part happen?
When I casually mentioned to Sam the other day that he was going to have "homework" over the summer (to keep us reading and writing) he threw himself off of the bar stool, writhed on the floor in agony and moaned "I thought I was just going to the pool!!!!!" I told him that we were going to the pool, but we would also have time to do other things. More writhing in "pain" on the floor. We may have to work the kinks out of this summer schedule for a bit.
Happy summer everyone!
"Schools Out For Summer" That's been out theme song the last few weeks. Gotta love it, but now that my kids have been home for 2 weeks now, I'm ready for them to go back. J/K I was like you though and cherished every last moment of free time before there last day. DJ and Emma often nap 3 hrs. together in the afternoon and that is my "free time". Now we have the 4th of July to look forward to. Yea!! ~Christine
ReplyDelete